Jill is writing website copy for a B2B tech company. In doing so, she has been working to master a set of incredibly complex details about her client’s enterprise tech solutions. She’s translated dozens of features into razor-sharp, tangible benefits, and streamlined a lengthy client engagement process. Once finished, it was great to have a content strategist snap her focus back to the big picture. They worked together to reinforce Jill’s powerful new copy, gracing it with a high-level value proposition for the copy’s primary audience of enterprise CIOs.
Elsewhere in the same copywriting company, Jonas is a remarkable B2C writer. But after crafting one punchy turn of phrase after the other, there was a flaw. His brochure copy didn’t flow. Maybe there were too many openers, resulting in stuck momentum early on. Maybe he’d created a logical loophole, making A plus X equal C, without clarifying X. A content strategist put things right; Jonas presented the client with logically bulletproof, momentum-driven copy.
Jason is happily writing fluid, momentum-driven, big-picture imbued copy for a B2B financial client. But the voice isn’t quite on brand. Jason is channeling conversational, consumer-directed copy for a B2B client whose needs—and tone—are more buttoned-down. He huddled with a content strategist, and ultimately delivered clean, on-brand copy that hit the mark precisely.
When it comes to copywriting services, there are a thousand breeds of talent—and 100,000 tools. Which voice do you turn on? How much do you explain or qualify? Why is jargon appropriate here—but not there? What content belongs on each page—and why? Does this format call for a more magnetic call to action? The choices seem limitless, even for a copywriting company that’s done it hundreds of times before.
That’s why at MarketSmiths, we approach the infinity of choices in teams. All of our work carries the oversight of a content strategist, the person that enforces the brand, performs 35 Quality Control Checkpoints, and ensures all client objectives are met. Here’s how it works:
- After the initial exploratory, the content strategist and lead writer huddle internally on strategy—framing key value propositions, deciding on approaches, and more.
- The lead writer then expresses this strategy in copy.
- Finally, the content strategist takes a look, applying each Checkpoint while identifying blind spots.
- The result is powerful, bulletproof, and fully aligned with your brand.
If you can’t tell, we’re proud of our content oversight, and feel every copywriting company should offer it. Combined with our team’s writing talent, it’s made a huge difference for clients reporting up to 12,100% ROI.
When it’s time to hire a copywriting vendor for your marketing team, here a few key processes to insist on:
- You’ve got a brand voice: it’s as unique as your company. Is your copywriting company channeling it? Are there checkpoints in place to discover what that brand voice is—and correct any missteps along the way?
- In many instances, you get one shot to capture the reader’s attention, make your case, and get him/her to do something: sign up for a newsletter, download or use an app, strike now (call / buy) or remember when the time is ripe. How do your copywriters ensure that you don’t miss that shot?
- Not all titles get clicks, and not all openers grab attention. Will your copywriting company notice a failure to engage—and correct it? On the other end of your copy, are they ready to beef up a tepid call to action?
- Wordiness proliferates—as does fluff. Are your copywriters poised to identify and remedy shortfalls of momentum or substance?
- We all have words we use over and over again: unconsciously. Does your copywriting company have a system for nabbing—and replacing—these jarring little blind spots?
- It’s easy to make copy—particularly B2B copy—too matter of fact, thereby missing opportunities to build emotion, seize power, give the reader goosebumps and galvanize him or her into action. How is your copywriting company primed to handle this?
How does your copywriter measure up? Your copy can make or break your business online—don’t leave it up to one person alone. Get real results with a talented team of skilled writers and strategists, backed by a system for tight quality control. Let’s talk today.