Our ‘smiths cut across styles, personalities, preferences, and experience levels. But the following values bind us all, and we’re both proud of them — and excited to show you firsthand how they play out.
1. Relentless Excellence. You drive excellence, wherever it matters. In possession of a skill-set that is a privilege to have and a dream to leverage, you know that thoughtful input yields unrivaled results. So you invest your efforts carefully. You listen. You restlessly explore, question, and strategize. You treat your work as a constant drive to apply the ever-narrowing parameters of “reality”–what readers and clients request and require–to your craft. How do we make THIS piece more engaging, urgent, provocative, and effective? The answer is the whole of your practice, and it will never be fully over.
Sometimes, you think of your quest as the polar opposite of perfection. It implies a striving and continual input, but without attachment to subjective ideals (or, for that matter, to particular structures, phrases, or words). You let go–and as a result, you grow formidably…which brings us to value #2.
2. Limitless Growth. Talent made good refuses to rest. Instead, it scavenges, rooting out fresh hurdles so that it can conquer those, too–and to re-evaluate its fortitude in their wake.
Knowing this, you are hungry–and you demand no less than a feast. At your buffet: new industries, topics, business models, and other things that add to your knowledge of how the world continues to enrich itself–and evolve. You’re hungry for new skills, too, and for the pursuit of their mastery. From format to platform, viewpoint to subject matter, voice to intensity, you seek fresh fuel. But your quest never feels risky: it’s always supported by the safety net of the industry’s most rigorous quality control.
This mindset is what drives our team to become so remarkable, so fast. It also leaves little room for ego…which brings us to value #3.
3. Considered Collaboration. Together, effective content strategy and incisive writing form a living practice of being considerate, on the written page. Forethought, planning, and considered execution all coalesce: in shimmering pages, edgy articles, even an informative email or meeting invite (rather than one that says, simply, “Meeting with Joe”). You carry this quality of consideration, this active strategy and forethought, into all of your interactions.
In Brooklyn, our studio vibrates with clarity, acknowledgement, and respect. Whether with clients or internally, we collaborate like a fast-paced newsroom, letting go of attachments in pursuit of excellence, of the deepening of client trust, of measurable results. We pitch in to help our teammates, and invest thought into how to make any handover–be it a project brief, a delegation, a QC–well informed and easy (for the other person) to step into….which brings us to value #4.
4. Strategic Efficiency. Often complex and high-level, your work can be intense–and you welcome it. The more efficient you are, the more energy you reserve for the highest challenge: ROI-driven copywriting. With that in mind:
- You juggle time like nobody’s business, stacking routines, foisting distractions aside.
- You work in sprints, with a bright and happy focus.
- You are a tiny bit process freak. You won’t have to invent any, but you take our processes and execute them with intention–and without overthinking or redundancies. The resulting efficiency enables greater excellence, so we’re not wasting time reinventing rote tasks or duplicating each other’s efforts–and are allocating it instead towards focused, high-quality output.
- You know your strategies will pay off particularly well for the clients that believe in your value and trust your ability to generate results…which brings us to value #5.
5. Thoughtful Precision. You get the details right. In our business, there are so many to learn and to master: in writing, this encompasses structural approaches and client preferences–down to the tiniest tic. Outside of writing, this calls for a facility and fluidity with people, requests, project specifications, meeting times, etc. Paired with (efficient) company systems, our meticulousness enables us to get it all done both well and on time, without fuss or fail.