Finding the ‘Human’ in Your Brand
Culturally, our association with the written word is perhaps now more tenuous than ever. Wide-ranging disconnects have led to vast polarization, as hype, hyperbole, and fake news systematically deprive everyone of shared categories of meaning. Along with a volatile political climate, low job satisfaction, even aggressive public behavior, trust in institutions and brands is at an all-time low. Just look to the Great Resignation.
To inspire, brands must channel needed empathy and build bridges. In essence, they must return to the search for our common soul.
This carves an unprecedented opportunity for enterprises to reacquaint their audiences with joy, hope, delight, and renewal. Rediscovered language — alive with connection — can stand in contrast to a monotone, joyless, and superficial cadence of corporate communication.
Women-and minority-founded and led, MarketSmiths works on this directly by enabling companies to find and claim the human wavelength. In the hands of our copywriting and content agency, the products and services one normally takes for granted are brought to vivid life, as crisp engines of connection and collaboration.
In a time when official communications need warning labels, we aren’t just giving firms a better way to deliver their message: we’re innovating the language of trust.
Connecting Clients to Community
- For DoorDash, a company that takes friction out of retail logistics, we’ve systematically removed friction from their business-facing communications. Our ebooks, trend reports, and blog posts consistently draw 66% more downloads and 125% greater closed wins than other materials.
- For LinkedIn, a company that fosters professional connections, we instilled their messaging with human-level connection, generating 100s of uncommonly readable and usable educational materials.
- While the world hung its fate on medical R&D, we helped a dominant healthcare brand increase the transparency of clinical trials across the world.
- When financial uncertainty and anxiety were at a peak, we supported a private fintech company in helping their clients find bedrock — producing 37.21% email open rates and 4.71% click-through rates: 70-110% above industry averages.
- When employees burned out en masse, we helped a digital wellness coaching company successfully launch a new enterprise division that reduces overall work stress at scale.
- At a moment when truth itself remains ambiguous, we helped a software company to compile verifiable data for major corporations, enabling global expansion through hundreds of new demos and webinar registrations per campaign.
- In a time when fantasy often obscures fact, De’Longhi, which improves the comforts of home, couldn't find a writer to romance their copy in a data-driven way. They reveled in our ability to tether the dream to reality.
Since January 2021, we’ve written an estimated 8 million words, which change the world by creating solidarity between brands and their consumers, one paragraph at a time.